post image
April 23, 2021

Telemental Health Assistance is at Your Fingertips Through DU

If you’re seeking mental health support during any challenging time, University College and the University of Denver want to help with the offer of several telemental health services, including My SSP and Health and Counseling Center (HCC) assistance.

My SSP – Free of Charge

University College degree-seeking students can access My SSP, a 24/7 distance counseling service. While My SSP is ideal for out-of-state and international students, all degree-seeking students—and even your spouses and dependents—can utilize the service free of charge, especially as many University College course are available online.

More than 200 higher education institutions now partner with My SSP. Specifically designed to help students overcome the challenges of studying long-distance, My SSP provides ongoing, multilingual, and fully confidential mental health and wellbeing counseling right from your phone.

Ongoing, Multilingual, Confidential

  • Immediate: If you’re a student with an immediate need, you will be assigned to the first available counselor who speaks your native language.
  • Ongoing: My SSP provides ongoing support with no limit on the number of student-counselor interactions, as deemed appropriate. If you need ongoing support, you will be assigned to a counselor; continuity of support will continue with a Colorado licensed professional.
  • Long-Term: DU’s Health & Counseling Center is working to create a protocol for students who need referrals with an on-campus counselor offering long-term support. If you’re an out-of-state student who needs long-term support, you will be referred to a local community resource.
  • Multilingual: Counseling support is offered in your preferred language.
  • Confidential: The SSP program is confidential within the limits of the law. No one (including family, friends, DU faculty/staff) will know you have reached out unless you choose to share.

Support Right From Your Phone!

  • Search for “My SSP” on your device’s app store, download, and complete your profile.
  • Chat and phone a My SSP counselor 24/7/365—from anywhere.
  • Access helpful articles and videos focusing on your well-being and success here at DU.
  • My SSP app and support are provided FREE of cost to you.

We’re thrilled to be able to direct you to My SSP, where counselors speak your language, understand your culture and unique needs, keep your information confidential, and are available 24/7.

Download the app today so that you can use it immediately!

Access My SSP App Demo

Special note to staff and faculty: If you’re seeking a consult for a student, please call 1-866-743-7732.

Set a Phone HCC Appointment

Counseling services at the Health and Counseling Center are offered to undergraduate and graduate students. Students can benefit from different types of therapy, ranging from individual counseling to group counseling with licensed professionals.

Graduate and doctoral students can also gain valuable experience by working closely with staff members through training and professional development programs.

Due to COVID-19 concerns, HCC is only be offering telehealth appointments with its counselors at this time. In order to start individual, couples, or group counseling, please call 303-871-2205 to have an initial phone session.

Please note: If you are experiencing a mental health emergency, you can call 303-871-2205 at any time. If you are in imminent danger, please call 911*


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *