Sneak Peek: Check Out Winter Classes and Pursue a Passion Through Enriching Short Courses
Gaining knowledge and staying informed about local, global, and current events are crucial to personal development and enrichment. From exploring new ideas and perspectives to connecting with a wider community, lifelong learning offers a plethora of benefits.
In today’s fast-paced world, it can be a challenge to find the time to seek out knowledge, so the Enrichment Program at the University of Denver has developed unique opportunities for lifelong learning in ever-changing times.
This winter, a wide variety of courses and one-night lectures are being offered live online via Zoom and on the University of Denver campus through the Enrichment Program. These info-packed courses don’t come with tests or homework; they are simply bite-sized sessions that provide a deeper understanding of current issues, personal interests, and skills.
Several options offered this winter are dedicated to subjects that affect local, national, and global business, community, and economy. One-night lectures include:
- Supply Chains in 2022 and Beyond (Jan. 26, 2022, 7-9 p.m.)
- The Streets of Denver: Is There a War on Cars? (Should There Be?) (Feb. 2, 2022, 7-9 p.m.)
- Redistricting Explained: Changes Coming for 2022 and Future Elections (Feb. 23, 2022, 7-9 p.m.)
Multiple-session courses include:
- Wicked Games: Great American Con Artists (Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 2022, 6:30–8:30 p.m.)
- Sports and Politics: At the Intersection of Two American Pastimes and Passions (Jan. 20, 27, 2022, 6:30–8:30 p.m.)
- Exploring Her Legacy: The Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame (Feb. 9, 16, 23, 2022, 6:30–8:30 p.m.)
- The Write Age: Learning the Art of Writing (Feb. 3, 10, 17, 24, 2022, 6:30–8:30 p.m.)
Registration for the winter course line-up is now open for a sneak peek! You can find a course that meets your interests on the Enrichment Program website at universitycollege.du.edu/enrichment.
May 24, 2023
DU’s Nonprofit Leadership Program Receives Specialized Accreditation
For those who’ve dreamed of making a difference as a nonprofit leader, University College’s Nonprofit […]
April 17, 2023
First-Generation College Grad Finds Career Success in UI/UX
Yany Avelar, a first-generation college grad, had ambitions to build websites. At the University of Denver, she got the master’s degree in UI/UX Strategy and Software Development and the support that enabled her to succeed.
October 26, 2022
One Current Student on Already Using His Skills to Make an Impact￼
In support of Cybersecurity Awareness month, we spoke with a current Information and Communications Technology […]
August 31, 2022
Looking to Enhance Your Writing? Check Out Open Write Nights!
Save the dates for online Open Write Night sessions! Looking to enhance your writing skills? Have […]