post image
|
June 10, 2022

Graduation Stories: Mercy Udomah

We asked graduates to share their journey to graduation. Here is what Mercy Udomah (Information and Communications Technology) had to say in her own words…

This came through 14 years after for me, and I am super excited and proud of myself for never giving up!

It wasn’t an easy journey for me. COVID struck when I started school and my dream of in-person schooling was like it was never going to happen, but then, the flip side of it was that towards the end of my program (the last two semesters), school was open to in-person lectures, but yet again, it became extremely draining in a mental and emotional way.

I was very close to dropping the entire ball at the last minute. At this time I was trying to balance my school work, which began to feel like a lot, family and work. It was exhausting, but my thank you will never be enough to some unique professors of mine (Paul Novak, Mark Entrekin, Tim Bradsby), my family for their constant support and a few friends who understood my struggles at the time, but kept encouraging me to keep pushing.

Here I am today, happy and grateful for a second degree from the University College. No regrets at all, UCOL’s curriculum is so vast and solid, enough to equipped anyone for the future. I am happy that I am a product of the University of Denver University’s college.

Congratulations to Mercy and our 2022 graduates!